W. P. Carey Mentorship Programs enable you to give back to future business and student leaders by developing a one-on-one relationship with a current undergraduate or graduate student. Mentorship offers both mentees and mentors many social and professional development opportunities — promoting career and scholarly success, aiding in career exploration, and building important, lasting relationships.
- Gain outside perspective through the eyes of your mentees. Mentoring can sharpen your own communication, time management, and leadership skills.
- Your support makes a difference for students. Mentored students are more likely to have an engaging career when they graduate, and are promoted five times more often.
Your commitmentThere are multiple ways to participate in W. P. Carey Mentorship Programs as a mentor:
- Traditional one-on-one mentoring connects you with one or more undergraduate student mentees, for ongoing meetings over an academic semester or year.
- Flash mentoring pairs you with graduate students for one-time conversations.
- Peer-to-peer mentoring supports first-year success, connecting business freshmen with other current business students (sophomores and above).